You should always remember to take care of your skin when in the sun since the damage caused can be extremely painful and cause in the long run cause irreversible damage to your skin.
Top tips to avoid sun damage:
- Avoid being in the sun during the peak hours of the day between 10:00 am and 3:00 pm.
- The sun’s rays are more intense in the more tropical and semi-tropical areas of the world near the equator. Extra protection and a higher SPF is required in these countries.
- Wear sunscreen even on cloudy and hazy days. The sun’s rays are able to penetrate these weather conditions and cause sun burn.
- UVB rays are stronger in the summer so you should wear a higher SPF during these months.
- Cover up by wearing a T-shirt, hat and sunglasses.
- Always make sure you use factor 15+ sunscreen, and reapply every 2 hours to keep since sunscreen can wear off with sweating, swimming and towel drying.
For more information check out http://www.sunsmart.org.uk/
For more information on the current statistics of skin cancer in the UK check out: http://info.cancerresearchuk.org/cancerstats/types/skin